Champaign Personal Injury Lawyers
Illness and injury are two of the most difficult parts of life that humans must face. Of course, all of us must deal with feeling ill or getting hurt every so often. Most of the time, our injuries are not a big deal even if they make performing daily tasks more difficult. However, sometimes we are injured because of another person’s carelessness. When this is the case, it is possible to hold the person responsible for the injuries that they have caused with the help of a knowledgeable attorney. They can help you seek compensation for your injuries if they were caused by the reckless actions of another person.
At Spiros Law, P.C., we realize how difficult an injury can be for an individual or family, especially if the injury prevents you from going to work and earning a living. The time surrounding an injury can be made more difficult by the aftermath than the actual incident. When medical bills and insurance payments start to add up, you may be left wondering why you have to struggle when the injury was not your fault. Our Champaign personal injury lawyers understand these feelings and want to help you get the money you deserve from the people who injured you. Contact our offices at (815) 929-9292 to get started with your personal injury case.
Our Practice Areas
If someone else’s negligent actions were the source of your injury, you may be entitled to compensation. There are many situations where carelessness turns into injury, leaving you and your family to handle the aftermath. These are some of the cases we see the most frequently:
- Personal Injury: Injuries can end up being very costly before you even realize how much money you are spending on medical bills and insurance payments. Our attorneys want to help you offset some of these costs by getting you the restitution you need.
- Medical Malpractice: We trust our doctors, nurses, and hospitals to make us better, but sometimes their actions cause serious harm to the health of patients. If you were the victim of medical malpractice, it is possible to seek justice for your pain.
- Car Accidents: Personal vehicles are the most common form of transportation, so it makes sense that driving is not risk-free. However, reckless and drunk drivers can cause a huge amount of suffering. When this is the case, you are entitled to compensation as you heal.
- Defective Drugs & Devices: Patients expect their pharmaceuticals to be effective and high quality. When you receive a drug that is defective, it poses serious health risks. We will hold pharmacies and pharmaceutical companies accountable regardless of their size.
- Trucking Accidents: Trucking companies and their drivers have a duty to public safety. When truckers drive too long without a break or drive recklessly, their negligence can result in serious accidents.
- Nursing Home Abuse: Placing a loved one in a nursing home is a tough decision. When you find out your elderly loved one is the victim of abuse, you have every right to seek justice on their behalf.
- Product Liability: Products on the market should be safe to use. When defective products make it on the shelves, companies should have to pay for their mistakes.
- Premises Liability: When you are on another person’s property, it is their legal duty to ensure you are reasonably safe. Property owners can be brought to court for their negligence.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one in a preventable accident is an incredibly painful experience. If you lost your loved one because of someone else’s negligence, we want to help you.
- Workers’ Compensation: On-the-job injuries are tough because you cannot go back to work immediately. If you are injured in the workplace, you deserve compensation for your lost income.
These are just some of the numerous personal injury cases we can handle. Every case is different, but we aim to give every client who walks through our doors the personal attention they deserve. If you were the victim of another person’s negligence in Illinois, do not hesitate to contact our firm.
Personal Injury Statistics
Facing a serious injury can make you feel alienated and lonely. Especially if your injury affects mobility, it can seem as if you are trapped and unable to escape your situation. We understand this feeling all too well, and many of our clients experience similar levels of pain. Thankfully, there is hope of getting compensation for what happened to you. Here are some important personal injury statistics for the state of Illinois.
- 4,831 Medical Malpractice Payment Reports were filed from 2006 to 2016, according to the National Practitioner Data Bank
- $2,752,343 in workers’ compensation benefits were paid out in 2014, according to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission
- Two-year statute of limitations, or the amount of time you have to file a personal injury case following an accident
People just like you have received millions of dollars for their injuries. Because of the short statute of limitations and the amount of time it can take to make it through legal proceedings, time is of the essence. If you think you might want to file a lawsuit or pursue damages for your injuries, it is better to act quickly. It can be difficult to obtain benefits in Illinois, but acting with the help of an attorney increases your chances of getting the money you deserve sooner rather than later.
At Spiros Law, P.C., we have a history of helping the people who need it most. When you come to us, we guarantee your case will receive personal attention and care. These are some of the results we have achieved in the past, fighting for Illinois residents in personal injury cases.
- $300,000: One of our clients, a 29-year-old, was riding as a passenger on a snowmobile. When the driver of the snowmobile crashed into a ditch, our client suffered a fracture to the femur. Our client’s insurance company tried to deny the claim by arguing the injury was excluded from the insurance policy. Our attorneys argued on our client’s behalf and won her the money she needed to recover.
- $1,450,000: Our client was driving when a second car ran a stop sign and caused a collision. Upon impact, our client’s vehicle came off the road and ended up in a water-filled culvert. She suffered severe injuries including herniated discs, a shoulder injury that required surgery, and injury to the spine. Spiros Law, P.C. obtained the largest settlement ever recorded in Ford County for her injuries.
- $700,000: A 70-year-old man went into the hospital for a basic procedure. During the surgery, the doctors caused a tear in his esophagus. Our client suffered from permanent complications. We won this settlement on the basis of medical negligence.
Every case is unique and what one person obtains as a settlement may be more or less than what another person receives. We can guarantee that many of our clients receive money they never thought possible as compensation for their pain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sustaining a serious injury can leave you feeling overwhelmed, confused, and unsure of where to turn. To help you better understand your situation, these are the answers to some of the questions we hear the most frequently.
How much is my case worth?
As stated above, it is nearly impossible to determine the value of a case without first knowing the details of the situation. The type of accident, the severity of injuries, and amount of insurance each party has are all factors that influence the amount of compensation you could receive. It is best to contact a personal injury attorney for a more detailed answer to this question.
Why should I seek compensation?
You did not ask to be injured or to feel the pain you are experiencing. When people act irresponsibly and injure others, they should be held accountable for their actions. Compensation for your pain is a reasonable request, especially if you are saddled with expensive medical bills and other payments. Many people feel like their case is too small or insignificant, so they do not ever pursue the option of a personal injury lawsuit or settlement. Very few cases are ever too small, and you owe it to yourself to determine how much your case is worth.
Why choose Spiros Law, P.C.?
Our attorneys have years of experience fighting for Illinois residents just like you. We want your case to succeed, and we care if you receive the money you need. Many attorneys refer their clients to us because they know we will do a quality job and work as hard as we can to get results for you.
If you were the victim of a personal injury accident, you are not alone. Millions of people across the country are struggling with the same issues because of someone else’s negligence. Although talking to an attorney may be the last thing on your mind, the attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. want to hear from you. Some injuries are temporary while others last a lifetime, but they all require care and attention. Contacting an attorney for help could be the first step to permanent healing. Call our offices at (815) 929-9292 with any questions or to discuss your situation.