Personal Injury Lawyers in Otto
Were you injured in an accident due to someone else’s carelessness, recklessness, or otherwise negligent actions in Otto? If so, you could be entitled to recover compensation for your injuries and financial losses.
You should not be forced to pay out of pocket for hospital bills, lost wages, or other costs associated with your injuries if you did not cause the accident. The attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. have the necessary knowledge and experience to help you hold the at-fault party accountable for their actions.
Call us at (815) 929-9292 today to speak with one of our experienced Otto personal injury attorneys about how we can help with your case. We offer a free, no-risk consultation to all prospective clients, so there’s absolutely no risk to call us to discuss your situation.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our top-notch trial attorneys have experience handling a broad range of personal injury cases in Otto, including:
- Personal Injury
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Animal Bites
- Defective Drugs & Devices
- Farm Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Sexual Assault
- Workers’ Compensation
- Construction Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Burn Injuries
- Brain Injuries
- Hunting Accidents
- Business Interruption Insurance
- Fertility and IVF Misconduct
At Spiros Law, P.C., we have dedicated our entire practice to advocating for injured clients. We believe that no one should have to deal with the financial strain of an injury alone. That’s why our attorneys work tirelessly to help our clients seek the full and fair compensation they are entitled to.
How Common Are Injuries?
Injuries caused by negligence are unfortunately common. If you have been injured in an accident that someone else caused, you’re not alone. Data from the CDC reveals just how many people sustain injuries each year in the United States.
According to their data, there were 173,040 unintentional injury-related deaths in the U.S. in 2019. That same year there were also 39,443 unintentional fall-related deaths and 37,595 motor vehicle accident deaths in the U.S.
The purpose of personal injury law is to provide injury victims the chance to pursue compensation for their losses and hold the negligent party who caused their injuries responsible for their misconduct or carelessness.
Proving fault in a personal injury case isn’t always straightforward. What if you aren’t sure who caused the accident that resulted in your injuries? What if it was just bad luck? Many people assume that their injuries are simply unfortunate incidents, but in a large number of cases, injuries are caused by someone else’s negligence.
To prove the at-fault person’s liability for an accident, four main elements must be present:
- You must show that the at-fault party had a duty of care to prevent you from coming to harm.
- You will also need to demonstrate that the at-fault party breached their duty of care through some form of negligence, whether that’s a motorist who drove while intoxicated or a homeowner who failed to clean up a spill that later caused a slip and fall.
- Third, you will need to show causation. You’ll need to draw a direct link between the at-fault party’s negligence and the accident that caused your injuries.
- Finally, you must show that you suffered quantifiable damages due to the accident.
One of our dedicated personal injury attorneys can review your case to determine whether another party may be held legally liable for your injuries. Contact Spiros Law, P.C. today to discuss your case.
Obtaining Compensation For Injuries
If you were injured due to someone else’s negligence or misconduct, you could be eligible to recover compensation from the at-fault party. Compensation is designed to help injury victims cover damages resulting from the accident. These damages may be financial or non-financial.
As an injury victim, you might be able to claim compensation for:
- Medical expenses – If you required medical treatment for your injuries, then you could be entitled to recover compensation for costs associated with your treatment, including hospital bills, rehabilitative care expenses, surgery costs, prescription medication costs, hospital meals and lodging expenses, doctor’s visits, and much more.
- Lost wages – If you’ve been seriously injured, you may not be able to perform your job duties for some time while you are being treated. You could also recover compensation for lost wages if you cannot return to work while you recover from your injuries.
- Lost earning potential – Some injuries can render victims temporarily or permanently disabled. If you cannot perform the full scope of your job duties due to a disability, you could claim compensation for lost earning potential.
- Personal property damage – If your personal property was damaged in the accident, you could pursue compensation for property damage. In a car accident, this might include vehicle repairs or replacement. In a slip and fall accident, this could involve replacing a pair of glasses that were broken in the fall.
- Pain and suffering – Pain and suffering is a broad term for non-financial damages that include physical and emotional suffering caused by an accident. In addition to physical pain, other non-financial damages that fall under this umbrella include emotional distress, mental anguish, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
- Punitive damages – Although juries do not frequently award them, you might be able to receive punitive damages depending on the circumstances of your case. In Illinois, you would need to demonstrate that your accident resulted from malice or excessive recklessness on the part of another person or party. Punitive damages are intended to “punish” the defendant for their actions and deter them from similar behaviors in the future.
Pursuing compensation for an injury is not a straightforward process, and quantifying non-financial damages, in particular, can be challenging. That’s why it is imperative to consult with a seasoned Otto personal injury attorney. The attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. will review your losses and help you estimate the value of your claim.
Why Choose Us?
The attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. have obtained significant settlements for those who’ve been injured in our community, including:
- $9,842,900 for a baby who needed an emergency craniotomy after suffering a severe injury
- $1,450,000 for a motorist who sustained injuries after a negligent motorist plowed through a stop sign
- $300,000 for a victim of a snowmobile accident
These are just a small sample of the many cases our injury lawyers have successfully litigated. If you were injured in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, contact us today. Our lawyers have the resources to handle every aspect of your case for you while you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Call us at (815) 929-9292 or reach out to us online today for a free consultation.