Frequently Asked Questions
After an injury or an accident occurs, it can be difficult and confusing to keep track of all of the information that is relevant to your case and that may be useful now or in the future. At Spiros Law, P.C., we understand the stress that comes with trying to find quality information resources after an accident, and we want our clients to have quick, easy access to basic legal information. Therefore, as a service to our present and potential clients, we have collected the following list of frequently asked questions that we have heard from our clients.
We hope that this information is useful in helping you better understand the field of personal injury law. We will update the list periodically with new questions, so if your topic of interest is not listed now, check back in the future. The following questions and answers are not intended to be taken as legal advice. To speak with a knowledgeable and qualified attorney about any questions you may have, contact the Kankakee personal injury lawyers of Spiros Law, P.C. at (815) 929-9292.
- How can I show that a defective product led to my injury?
- How do I know if I have a valid personal injury claim?
- How do insurance adjusters assign blame after a car accident?
- How do personal injury lawyers make money?
- I’ve been injured. How can a lawyer help?
- What are the signs of nursing home abuse?
- What does a police accident report contain?
- What information is necessary for a successful personal injury case?
- What is liability?
- What is medical malpractice?
- What is negligence?
- What is personal injury?
- What qualifies as medical malpractice?
- What should I do after an accident?
- Who determines fault after a car accident?