Champaign Car Accident Attorneys
Every year, millions of people are involved in car accidents, and many of them result in serious and lasting consequences for the victims. It is unfortunate that some drivers are forced to pay the consequences of other drivers who are careless or reckless in their behavior. If you have been the victim of a car accident in Champaign that was the result of another person’s irresponsible, careless, or reckless actions, the attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C. are prepared to help you take legal action to hold them responsible. We are committed to helping you pursue the necessary compensation and justice that you so rightfully deserve.
If you have been hurt or lost a loved one in an auto accident in Champaign or the surrounding areas, our team can help you see that justice is served. You shouldn’t have to pay the costly medical bills and deal with lost wages and other expenses following an accident that was not your fault. An experienced car accident attorney at Spiros Law, P.C. will review the specific details of your case for free. We are here to help you fight back against those who caused you harm.
Founded by James D. Spiros in 2005, the highly skilled Champaign auto accident attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C. together have decades of experience with car accident-related lawsuits. Whether you are the victim of a tire defect or a drunk driver, we are here to help you get the justice you deserve. We have the experience and large-firm resources to help you get the justice that you need, while giving each of our clients the small-firm attention that their case deserves. Contact our offices at (217) 328-2828 to discuss the specific details of your case today.
Why Choose Spiros Law, P.C.?
At Spiros Law, P.C., we have decades of experience helping individuals who were injured in the Champaign area and across Central Illinois. We have earned our reputation as one of the premier personal injury firms in Central Illinois through our successful representation of our clients and our commitment to our community. It is because of this statewide reputation that a high percentage of our cases are referred to us by other attorneys.
Our auto accident attorneys are committed helping each of our clients secure the compensation they need to pay their bills, recoup lost wages, and move on with their lives following an accident. We have an impressive track record of over $100 million recovered for our clients in the last ten years! Insurance companies may not look out for your best interests, but we do.
With Spiros Law, P.C. as your trusted advocates, we are ready to fight on your behalf to see that justice is served on behalf of you and your family. Let our compassionate and skilled attorneys help you overcome this stressful time by getting the compensation that you deserve. To get started on your case, contact the Champaign car accident attorneys at (217) 328-2828.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
The attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. know that you never expected the accident to happen, and you never planned on incurring the expenses that it forced upon you. Our team has extensive experience handling all types of car accident cases, including:
- Drunk driving accidents – If you were hurt in a crash caused by a drunk driver, you might be able to hold them accountable for this extreme recklessness. We are here to fight for you.
- Pedestrian accidents – Drivers should always be on the alert for pedestrians, and if they fail to observe traffic signals, crosswalks, or sidewalks and a pedestrian is struck, the driver could be responsible for the person’s pain, suffering, and expenses.
- Wrongful death – There is nothing more tragic than the death of a loved one, and if it was caused by an accident that could have been prevented, the pain is that much worse. We will take action to help you achieve justice if you lost a loved one to a tragic accident.
- Mechanical defects/malfunctions – Manufacturers may be held liable for injuries if an accident is caused by a defect or malfunction beyond the control of the drivers involved.
- Highway defects – Cities and counties have a responsibility to fix potholes and roadway dangers, and if they fail to do so, people may be injured as a result.
- Insurance claims – Let us help you with the paperwork and communication that needs to be done following an accident. We’re here to take the burden off of you.
Don’t let the legal complications associated with personal injury claims get in the way of your own recovery. By hiring a knowledgeable attorney, we can handle the legal aspects of your case while you focus on rehabilitation, therapy, and your family. If you have been injured in a car accident, you may be owed fair and rightful compensation from the party or parties responsible for the accident. From broken bones and spinal cord injuries to whiplash or brain damage, the effects of a car accident can have a lasting impact on your life. Don’t wait—complete our online form, chat live, or call our offices today at (217) 328-2828 and we will work for you to get results!
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I file a personal injury claim?
If you have been injured as the result of the reckless actions of another person, you may be owed compensation for any injury or damage that resulted from the crash. While you may be unfamiliar with pursuing legal action of any kind, it is important to remember that someone will have to pay the medical bills and deal with the other expenses, and you should not be the one who has to shoulder the burden if the accident was not your fault. By filing a personal injury claim, you may be able to recover compensation for the bills and costs associated with the accident, and you may even be owed additional damages for any pain or suffering that you endured.
What if I cannot work after the accident?
Your car accident attorney will help you calculate wages lost if your injury causes you to miss work. By recording the dates that you were forced to miss work and other costs associated with the accident, you may be able to recover that amount and additional payment for your losses.
How long will it take to resolve my case?
After talking with one of our experienced attorneys you will likely be able to get a good idea of how long your case might take. Additionally, you may have the option to reach a settlement with the other party or their insurance company, or your case might go to trial for a judge or jury to decide. Fortunately, the attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. have handled countless cases like this, so we know the process and can prepare you for the battle ahead.
Car Accident Statistics in Illinois
Each year, the Division of Traffic Safety (DTS) at IDOT identifies traffic safety problems using existing crash reports. The process used to determine traffic safety problems began initially by evaluating Illinois’ experience in each of the existing Illinois highway safety priority areas, such as seat belt and impaired driving. These two areas have been determined by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to be the most effective in reducing motor vehicle-related injuries and deaths. Here are some statewide statistics:
- There were 274,111 crashes involved motor vehicles in Illinois in 2012. Injury crashes account for 22.0 percent of these crashes (60,252), while fatal crashes (886) account for less than 1 percent of these overall crashes.
- Crashes involving speed account for 29.9 percent of the overall crashes, 24.5 percent of the fatal crashes, and 34.1 percent of the injury crashes in 2012.
During the last ten years, Illinois has used the 23-County Model to enhance the existing problem identification process. Under this model, Illinois selected the top 23 counties where 85 percent of the population resided, and Champaign is under this study. Here are the 23-County statistics:
- These 23 counties account for 87.0 percent of the total crashes, 87.3 percent of the injury crashes, 77.8 percent of the A-Injury crashes, and 70.1 percent of the fatal crashes in 2012.
- Crashes involving speed within these 23 counties account for 90.0 percent of these total statewide speed-related crashes, 67.3 percent of the fatal speed-related crashes and 87.4 percent of the speed-related crashes involving an injury.
- Champaign, Illinois had 3,059 total crashes, with 12 fatal ones and 696 injury crashes.
The behavior of each driver is the main factor in many accidents, and everyone has a responsibility to behave responsibly behind the wheel. Automobile drivers in Illinois who fail to drive in a responsible manner are not only endangering themselves, they are endangering others on the road as well.
Contact Us Today
Every member of our team is involved in each of our client’s cases, so you can rest assured that you will be receiving only the highest quality of service and professionalism as we manage your case.
At Spiros Law, P.C., we’ve been helping car accident victims just like you, and we will give your case the personal attention that it deserves We work with you to determine how you want to proceed with your claim and we make sure to answer all of your questions and make sure that you are comfortable with the process. Complete our email form, chat live, or call us today at (217) 328-2828, and get started on your case today.