Every year, car accidents involve millions of people, with many of them experiencing serious and lasting consequences. It’s unfortunate that some drivers have to bear the consequences of the carelessness or recklessness of other drivers. If you have been the victim of a car accident in Champaign that was the result of another person’s irresponsible, careless, or reckless actions, the car accident lawyers of Spiros Law, P.C. are prepared to help you take legal action to hold them responsible. We are committed to assisting you in securing the compensation and justice you rightfully deserve.
If you’ve been injured or lost a loved one in an auto accident in Champaign or the nearby areas, our team can help ensure that justice is served. Expensive medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses should not burden you after an accident that was not your fault. An experienced car accident attorney at Spiros Law, P.C. will review the specific details of your case for free. We are here to help you fight back against those who caused you harm.
Founded by James D. Spiros in 2005, the highly skilled car accident lawyers in Champaign of Spiros Law, P.C. together have decades of experience with car accident-related lawsuits. Whether you are the victim of a tire defect or a drunk driver, we are here to help you get the justice you deserve. We possess the experience and resources of a large firm to secure the justice you need. Additionally, we provide each client with the small-firm attention their case deserves. Contact our offices at (217) 328-2828 to discuss the specific details of your case today.
Why Choose Spiros Law, P.C.?
At Spiros Law, P.C., we have decades of experience helping individuals who were injured in the Champaign area and across Central Illinois. We have earned our reputation as one of the premier personal injury firms in Central Illinois through our successful representation of our clients and our commitment to our community. Other attorneys refer a high percentage of cases to us due to our statewide reputation.
Our car accident lawyers in Champaign are resolute in their commitment to help each client obtain the necessary compensation. This compensation is to pay their bills, recoup lost wages, and move on with their lives following an accident. We have an impressive track record of over $100 million recovered for our clients in the last ten years! Insurance companies may not look out for your best interests, but we do.
With Spiros Law, P.C. as your trusted advocates, we are ready to fight on your behalf to see that justice is served on behalf of you and your family. Let our compassionate and skilled attorneys help you overcome this stressful time by getting the compensation that you deserve. To get started on your case, contact the Champaign car accident attorneys at (217) 328-2828.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
The attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. know that you never expected the accident to happen, and you never planned on incurring the expenses that it forced upon you. Our team has extensive experience handling all types of car accident cases, including:
- Drunk driving accidents – If a drunk driver caused your crash-related injuries, you may have the opportunity to hold them accountable for this extreme recklessness. We are here to fight for you.
- Pedestrian accidents – Drivers should remain vigilant for pedestrians. If they neglect traffic signals, crosswalks, or sidewalks and hit a pedestrian, they could be liable for the person’s pain, suffering, and expenses.
- Wrongful death – The death of a loved one is profoundly tragic. If it resulted from a preventable accident, the pain is even more agonizing. We will take action to help you achieve justice if you lost a loved one to a tragic accident.
- Mechanical defects/malfunctions – Manufacturers may face liability for injuries if an accident results from a defect or malfunction beyond the control of the involved drivers.
- Highway defects – Cities and counties have a responsibility to fix potholes and roadway dangers. Failure to do so may result in people getting injured.
- Insurance claims – Allow us to assist you with the paperwork and communication required after an accident. We’re here to take the burden off of you.
Don’t let the legal complications associated with personal injury claims get in the way of your own recovery. By hiring a knowledgeable attorney, we can handle the legal aspects of your case. This allows you to focus on rehabilitation, therapy, and your family. If you’ve suffered injuries in a car accident, the responsible party or parties may owe you fair compensation. From broken bones and spinal cord injuries to whiplash or brain damage, car accidents can result in lasting life impacts. Don’t wait—complete our online form, chat live, or call our offices today at (217) 328-2828 and we will work for you to get results!
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I file a personal injury claim?
If someone’s reckless actions have caused you injury, you may be eligible for compensation for the resulting injuries or damages. While you may be unfamiliar with legal action, it’s essential to remember that someone must cover medical bills and other expenses. If the accident was not your fault, you should not bear the burden. Filing a personal injury claim can help you recover compensation for accident-related bills and costs. You may also have a right to claim additional damages for any pain or suffering you experienced.
What if I cannot work after the accident?
Your car accident attorney will help you calculate wages lost if your injury causes you to miss work. Documenting the dates may enable you to recover the amount you missed due to work and other accident-related costs. Additionally, you may receive additional payment for your losses.
How long will it take to resolve my case?
After consulting with one of our experienced attorneys, you’ll likely have a good estimate of your case’s duration. You may also have the option to reach a settlement with the other party or their insurance company. Alternatively, your case might go to trial for a judge or jury to decide. Fortunately, the attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. have handled countless cases like this, so we know the process and can prepare you for the battle ahead.
Car Accident Statistics in Illinois
Each year, the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) publishes traffic safety reports on the number of traffic accidents, injuries, and fatalities that occur statewide. Here are some eye-opening statewide statistics from the most recent:
- Illinois reported 295,887 motor vehicle collisions in 2021.
- That year, 1,210 fatal traffic accidents resulted in 1,334 deaths statewide.
- The 2021 traffic accident fatality rate in Illinois increased by 2.7 percent from 2020. Between 2017 and 2021, this rate jumped by an eye-opening 29.2 percent.
- Also in 2021, 7,582 serious injury accidents resulted in 9,423 serious injuries statewide.
- The 2021 traffic accident fatality rate in Illinois increased by 0.9 percent from 2020.
- In 2021, crashes involving serious injuries made up 12.4 percent of all motor vehicle collisions in Illinois. Fatal crashes, on the other hand, accounted for less than one percent.
- Speed-related accidents accounted for 33.3 percent of serious crash injuries and fatalities in 2021.
- Children eight and younger accounted for 11.9 percent of all passenger crash injuries that year.
- Of the 1,896 drivers who were in fatal Illinois crashes in 2021, less than half wore seat belts.
- Alcohol-related crashes accounted for 28.8 percent of the 1,334 traffic fatalities statewide in 2021.
Driver behavior is the primary factor in most accidents, and everyone has a responsibility to behave responsibly behind the wheel. Motorists in Illinois who fail to drive in a responsible manner are not only endangering themselves, they are endangering others on the road as well.
Contact Us Today
Each member of our team actively participates in our clients’ cases. You can rest assured that you will receive the highest quality of service and professionalism as we manage your case.
At Spiros Law, P.C., we’ve been helping car accident victims just like you, and we will give your case the personal attention that it deserves We work with you to determine how you want to proceed with your claim and we make sure to answer all of your questions and make sure that you are comfortable with the process. Complete our online form, chat live, or call us today at (217) 328-2828, and get started on your case today.