Champaign Car Accident Attorneys
Millions of accidents occur every year, and many of them result in devastating consequences for victims, leaving them to struggle with property damage, long-term pain and suffering, and unmanageable bills. It is unfortunate that some drivers are forced to pay the consequences of other drivers who are careless or reckless in their behavior. Although some car accidents are the result of unavoidable or unpredictable circumstances, many are the result of dangerous behavior. If you have been the victim of a car accident in Champaign because of another person’s negligence or irresponsible behavior, the attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C. understand just how difficult it can be to recover from your injuries. We are committed to helping you pursue the necessary compensation and justice from the responsible party.
If you have suffered a serious personal injury or lost a loved one in an auto accident in Champaign or the surrounding areas, you should know your rights. You may be entitled to monetary compensation for your medical bills, physical therapy, counseling, lost wages, suffering, and other losses. An experienced car accident attorney at Spiros Law, P.C. will review the specific details of your case for free. We are here to help, and you do not have to shoulder the financial burden of your accident on your own. We are here to help you fight back against those who caused you harm.
Founded by James D. Spiros in 2005, the highly skilled Champaign auto accident attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C. together have decades of experience with car accident-related lawsuits. Whether you are the victim of a tire defect or a drunk driver, we are here to help you get the justice you deserve. The people that we represent aren’t just our clients – they’re our friends and neighbors. We have the experience and track record to get the compensation that you need. Contact our offices at (217) 328-2828 to discuss the specific details of your case today.
Why Choose Spiros Law, P.C.?
At Spiros Law, P.C., we have decades of experience helping individuals who were injured in the Champaign area and across Central Illinois. Our reputation as one of Central Illinois’ premier personal injury firms has been earned by efficiently and aggressively representing our clients. It is because of this statewide reputation that a high percentage of our cases are referred to us by other attorneys. Our firm is results-oriented, and we have spent our professional lives forcing insurance companies to honor the promises of their coverage.
Due to the large geographic region in which we practice, we have received referrals from attorneys not only in the Chicagoland area but from across the entire country as well. Those who refer cases to us know that we consistently achieve outstanding results and can be trusted to maintain the highest level of integrity throughout the entire litigation process. Our auto accident attorneys are committed to getting our clients the maximum amount of monetary recompense possible. We have the track record of over $100 million recovered for our clients in the last ten years! Insurance companies may not look out for your best interests, but we do.
We have the skills, knowledge, and experience required to get the desired results for you. With Spiros Law, P.C. as your trusted advocates, we are ready to fight to protect your best interests and seek full compensation for your injuries. Let our compassionate and skilled attorneys help you overcome this stressful time by getting the compensation that you deserve. To get started on your road to recovery, contact the Champaign car accident attorneys at (217) 328-2828.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
At Spiros Law, P.C. we know that nothing can undo the trauma that you have suffered in a car accident. As such, our experienced attorneys are ready to handle a wide variety of car accident cases, including those involving:
- Drunk driving accidents – If you were hurt in a crash caused by a drunk driver, you might be able to hold them accountable for this extreme recklessness. We are here to fight for you.
- Pedestrian accidents – Drivers should always be on the alert for pedestrians, and if they fail to observe traffic signals, crosswalks, or sidewalks and a pedestrian is struck, the driver could be responsible for the person’s pain, suffering, and expenses.
- Wrongful death – There is nothing more tragic than the death of a loved one, and if it was caused by an accident that could have been prevented, the pain is that much worse. We will take action to help you achieve justice if you lost a loved one to a tragic accident.
- Mechanical defects/malfunctions – Manufacturers may be held liable for injuries if an accident is caused by a defect or malfunction beyond the control of the drivers involved.
- Highway defects – Cities and counties have a responsibility to fix potholes and roadway dangers, and if they fail to do so, people may be injured as a result.
- Insurance claims – Let us help you with the paperwork and communication that needs to be done following an accident. We’re here to take the burden off of you.
Don’t let the legal complications associated with personal injury claims get in the way of your own recovery. By hiring a knowledgeable attorney, we can handle the legal aspects of your case while you focus on rehabilitation, therapy, and your family. If you have been injured in a car accident caused by any of the above reasons or another reason, you may be able to secure compensation for your losses from the responsible party so that you can move forward with your life. From broken bones and spinal cord injuries to whiplash or brain damage, the effects of a car accident can be severe and long-lasting. Don’t wait—complete our online form, chat live, or call our offices today at (217) 328-2828 and we will work for you to get results!
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I file a personal injury claim?
If you have been injured as the result of any other individual’s actions, you should at least consult with an experienced auto accident lawyer to better understand what legal actions may be available to you. Your lawyer will be able to more fully assess the financial consequences of a serious injury that may continue to affect you long after you have made an initial recovery from the injuries. Any personal injury claim that you file will be intended to help you recover all or part of the damages you sustained as part of your accident.
What if my injuries keep me from working?
Your car accident attorney will help you calculate wages lost if your injury causes you to miss work. By keeping records of specific dates you missed work and other costs associated with the accident, you may be able to recover that amount and additional payment for your losses.
How long will my case take?
Although one of our experienced attorneys will be able to give you a time estimate on your case, it is impossible to do so without knowing all of the facts. Additionally, you may have the option to reach a settlement with the party at fault or go to trial for a judge or jury to hand down a decision. Fortunately, the attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. have handled countless cases like this, so we know the process and can prepare you for the battle ahead.
Car Accident Statistics
Each year, the Division of Traffic Safety (DTS) at IDOT identifies traffic safety problems using existing crash reports. The process used to determine traffic safety problems began initially by evaluating Illinois’ experience in each of the existing Illinois highway safety priority areas, such as seat belt and impaired driving. These two areas have been determined by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to be the most effective in reducing motor vehicle-related injuries and deaths. Here are some statewide statistics:
- There were 274,111 crashes involved motor vehicles in Illinois in 2012. Injury crashes account for 22.0 percent of these crashes (60,252), while fatal crashes (886) account for less than 1 percent of these overall crashes.
- Crashes involving speed account for 29.9 percent of the overall crashes, 24.5 percent of the fatal crashes, and 34.1 percent of the injury crashes in 2012.
During the last ten years, Illinois has used the 23-County Model to enhance the existing problem identification process. Under this model, Illinois selected the top 23 counties where 85 percent of the population resided, and Champaign is under this study. Here are the 23-County statistics:
- These 23 counties account for 87.0 percent of the total crashes, 87.3 percent of the injury crashes, 77.8 percent of the A-Injury crashes, and 70.1 percent of the fatal crashes in 2012.
- Crashes involving speed within these 23 counties account for 90.0 percent of these total statewide speed-related crashes, 67.3 percent of the fatal speed-related crashes and 87.4 percent of the speed-related crashes involving an injury.
- Champaign, Illinois had 3,059 total crashes, with 12 fatal ones and 696 injury crashes.
It is true that driver behavior factors into a large percentage of all fatal crashes and one key to changing driver behavior is educating the public on the scope of the issue. Automobile drivers in Illinois who ignore any safety concerns aren’t just being careless; they are recklessly putting other people in harm’s way.
Contact Us Today
Every member of our team is involved in each of our client’s cases, so you can rest assured that you will be receiving only the highest quality of service and professionalism as we manage your case.
At Spiros Law, P.C., we’ve been helping car accident victims just like you, and we will give your case the personal attention that it deserves We work directly with every client to determine how they want to proceed with their case and we make sure to answer all of your questions and make sure that you are comfortable with the process. Complete our email form, chat live, or call us today at (217) 328-2828, and get started on your case today.