Every day in America, innocent people suffer the consequences of preventable accidents. Drunk drivers cause horrific crashes. Large dogs, left unattended by their owners, attack children. Supposedly safe products start fires. And the list goes on. There is no doubt that you are at risk of unforeseeable injury daily. The good news is that individuals hurt by the carelessness or malice of others have options.
At Spiros Law, P.C., we believe there is too much uncertainty in our dangerous world to let liable parties get away with their actions. And there’s too much at stake to hire an attorney without the credentials to take them on. Our legal team holds liable parties responsible so victims can claim fair financial compensation. Personal injury law exists to help victims cope with the financial difficulties that arise after an accident.
Nothing can truly make up for the injustice you have suffered. But our attorneys understand that compensation can be crucial as you get your life back on track. At Spiros Law, P.C., we will fight to get you the damages, or payments, you deserve. The law can grant damages to you for a wide variety of costs that could arise from your injury. A personal injury case victory would mean you could get money to cover the following:
- Hospital or doctor’s bills
- Plain and suffering
- Future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Your lost ability to earn money doing specific kinds of work
Carelessness can be at the root of a wide variety of accidents and with this comes a wide variety of possible effects. Big product design companies might release a toy with lots of small pieces, creating a choking hazard for infants. And a child who chokes on a toy might require hospitalization for brain damage check-ups. A yard-care service might not put up proper signs, endangering pedestrians with heavy, falling branches. And a softball player who suffers a broken arm from a collapsing branch might never be able to enjoy their favorite sport again.
Do I Have A Personal Injury Claim?
Our tough personal injury attorneys know that accidents have long-lasting consequences. If you suspect that a person or organization might be responsible for your injury, contact us at (815) 929-9292 today. We are ready to fight to get you the financial compensation you deserve.
Our Personal Injury Practice Areas
Whether you got hurt in a car accident or by an aggressive dog, our legal team can help you with your personal injury case at every step of the process. Thanks to our knowledge and experience, the qualified attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. can handle all types of personal injury cases, such as:
We understand that different injuries require different investigative approaches and legal arguments. For instance, brain injuries can be difficult to measure, even as they impact every aspect of a victim’s life. Burn injuries can seem impossible to take to court if a victim is unaware of the original cause of the fire. Our skilled legal team has the techniques to build powerful, compelling cases for these injuries.
How Common Are Injuries?
You are certainly not alone if you or someone close to you has sustained an injury. People can get hurt in all manner of ways. As tragic as they can be, accidents are simply a part of life. The prevalence of injuries, however, can be staggering.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) gathers data concerning health and illness. This information allows us to see the number of injuries Americans suffer clearly. Some surprising facts about injuries in general include:
- Nearly six percent of adults report an activity-limiting injury in the past three months
- There were 57.5 million physician office visits for injuries in 2018
- There were 38 million emergency department visits for injuries in 2020
- There were 306,086 injury deaths total in the U.S. in 2021 (92.2 per 100,000 population)
- There were 111,830 poisoning deaths in 2021 (33.7 per 100,000)
- There were 45,404 motor vehicle traffic deaths in 2021 (13.7 per 100,000)
- There were 48,830 firearm deaths in 2021 (14.7 per 100,000)
- There were 106,699 drug overdose/poisoning deaths in 2021 (32.1 per 100,000)
These statistics reveal a country deeply impacted by all types of injuries. More specific data show us how preventable accidents harm people here in Illinois. For example:
- In 2020, there were 135 workplace fatalities and 106,900 nonfatal workplace injuries in Illinois.
- There were 10,350 complaints against long-term care facilities in Illinois in 2022.
- The infant mortality rate in Illinois is 5.3 per 1,000 live births.
- The drug overdose death rate in Illinois is 29.0 per 100,000.
- The firearm injury death rate is 16.1 per 100,000.
- In 2021 there were 295,604 total crashes in Illinois, with 1,217 fatal crashes.
- In Kankakee, there were 770 traffic accidents, one traffic fatality, and 101 crash injuries that year.
The number of people hurt by car crashes alone is astounding, especially because many are entirely preventable. Consider a driver who could have avoided getting behind the wheel after a night out at the bar. Personal injury law allows victims of carelessness or cruelty to seek fair compensation for their losses. Our injury lawyers handle cases involving motor vehicle crashes, dog attacks, product defects, and more.
You might wonder, what if you don’t know whether someone else is responsible for your injury? Maybe you were bitten by a stray dog in the parking lot of an apartment complex. Perhaps you slipped and broke a bone in a restaurant because the “wet floor” sign was partially concealed behind a corner. Unfortunately, far too many people each year assume that their injury was entirely caused by bad luck. People even blame themselves when the law actually finds another party legally responsible. The law might be prepared to award you financial compensation even if you aren’t personally sure if another party is at fault.
Our legal team can help determine whether you have a strong personal injury case. It can be challenging for the average person to identify the party legally liable for an injury. You don’t know the ins and outs of the laws surrounding negligence, duty, and liability. Thankfully, you do not have to conclude whether someone else was responsible for your injury by yourself. Years of experience and training in personal injury law have prepared our team to guide you through the process. We can help you identify the legally liable party and, if necessary, prove their fault to collect your financial compensation.
A personal injury attorney can look at the specifics of your case to determine legal liability, or legal responsibility, for the injury. Another party may be held legally liable if:
- They did not behave the way a reasonable person normally would, and their actions contributed to or caused your injury
- They were careless or reckless in their actions
- They were negligent in the upkeep of their property, making it unsafe
- They intentionally caused you harm or put you in danger
- Designers, manufacturers, or distributors failed to test a dangerous product adequately
Do I Have A Personal Injury Claim?
At Spiros Law, P.C., we believe you should not suffer because of someone else’s irresponsible actions. Even if you are uncertain whether another party was to blame for your injury, you should consult a knowledgeable legal professional. You might have rights and options you don’t even know about.
Why Choose Spiros?
Our successes speak for themselves. We are proud to say that we have won massive damages for individuals victimized by the negligence of others. Here are some of our prominent examples:
- $300,000 for a woman injured in a snowmobile accident.
- $9,842,900, the second-largest verdict in the history of Vermilion County, for an innocent baby who suffered immense harm and required an emergency craniotomy.
- $1,450,000, the largest verdict in Ford County, for a driver injured when another car ran a stop sign.
- They intentionally caused you harm or put you in danger
These are just a few examples of the many successful cases we have argued. We have experience dealing with a wide range of personal injury cases. We help clients with the following cases:
As our reviews show, at Spiros Law, P.C., we also pride ourselves on clear, honest communication with our clients and potential clients. From the moment we assess a case, we are upfront about the likely outcomes, good or bad. We understand that individuals seeking a personal injury attorney have already experienced great pain, suffering, and loss. Because of this, we strive to be compassionate, open, and transparent with every person who calls us for help or advice.
If you or someone close to you has been injured and you suspect another party might be at least partially to blame, don’t hesitate. Contact the dedicated personal injury attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. today by calling (815) 929-9292. Time is of the essence in most personal injury cases. Even if you think there’s only a small chance someone else might be responsible for your injury, our compassionate, committed team of experienced legal professionals can give you a fuller picture of your rights and options under the law. We are prepared to help at any stage in your personal injury case. Even though someone else failed to protect your health, tough personal injury attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. are ready to protect your rights.