Kankakee Elevator / Escalator Injury Lawyers
Many people use elevators and escalators on a regular basis, making it easy to forget that they pose a potential risk for injuries and accidents. Studies show that incidents involving escalators and elevators kill about 30 people and injure 17,000 more each year. Most passenger accidents are fall-related, but accidents can also be the result of improper design, worn out parts, or mechanical defects.
Whenever a business or organization decides to utilize multi-level facilities, they also assume responsibility for the maintenance and safe operation of any elevators and escalators on the premises. If you have been involved in an elevator or escalator accident due to the negligence of a property manager, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation for your accident-related losses. Call the Kankakee escalator injuries attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C., today at (815) 929-9292 to discuss your legal options.
Elevator and Escalator Safety Tips
Many injuries sustained on and around elevators and escalators are preventable accidents that could have been avoided by following a few simple safety guidelines:
- Do not step into or attempt to hold open a closing elevator door. Use the open door button instead.
- Watch your step when entering and exiting an elevator. An improperly aligned elevator may not be level with the floor.
- If riding an escalator with children, be sure to securely hold the child’s hand while on the escalator.
- Before boarding an escalator, always check for untied shoelaces and loose clothing.
- Never attempt to take a wheelchair, stroller, or any other sort of wheeled device onto an escalator.
Unfortunately, even those who follow every safety precaution when using an elevator or escalator may still suffer serious injuries due to mechanical failure or improper maintenance.
If you or a loved one has been injured while riding an elevator or escalator as a result of the negligence of a property owner or manager, you could be entitled to financial compensation to aid you in your recovery. Contact a Kankakee elevator injuries lawyer of Spiros Law, P.C., at (815) 929-9292 to speak with an experienced attorney about the details of your case.