GET YOUR FREE
Kankakee Personal Injury Attorney News
- Foster Mother Arrested for Murder Two Months after Spiros Law, P.C. Filed Civil Suit
Heather Lamie, foster mother, was arrested Friday night for the death of 4-year-old Kianna Rudesill. On April 30, 2013 Spiros Law, P.C. filed a six count complaint against the two foster parents, and the Baby Fold in connection with the death of a four-year-old girl. Kianna Rudesill died on May 4, 2011. The Peoria County coroner’s jury ruled the death a homicide, and listed the cause of death as subdural hematoma, cerebral injuries and blunt trauma of the head. The case sat dormant for two years until Spiros attorneys were retained and filed a civil lawsuit. Thereafter, formal criminal charges were filed.
- Miranda L. Soucie Becomes Partner at Spiros Law, P.C. – 05/09/2013
James D. Spiros and Sandra K. Loeb are pleased to announce Miranda L. Soucie as the newest partner of Spiros Law, P.C. Miranda joined Spiros Law, P.C. in October of 2010 after graduating Magna Cum Laude from the University of Illinois College of Law.
Miranda is a member of the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (ITLA), Illinois State Bar Association, East Central Illinois Women Attorneys Association (ECIWAA), and Vermilion County Bar Association. Miranda serves on the ITLA legislative committee and executive board of ECIWAA. Miranda regularly mentors law students at the University of Illinois.
Spiros Law, P.C. offers experienced representation in a variety of personal injury cases, including medical negligence, workplace injuries, serious traffic and trucking accidents, nursing home neglect and abuse, and wrongful death.
- Spiros Law, P.C., Files Suit for Father Whose Child Died in Foster Care
- Spiros Law, P.C., Moves their Champaign Office to a New Address
- Paul Popvic’s article in the Illinois State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division Newsletter
- Paul Popovic, first year attorney at Spiros Law, P.C., has first trial victory affirmed on appeal in front of the Worker’s Compensation commission.
One of our worker’s compensation clients was recently denied necessary surgical treatment for a back injury. At the trial court, the Arbitrator ruled in our client’s favor, finding that the treatment was reasonable and medically necessary. This did not stop the employer, however, who appealed the ruling hoping to overturn it and deny treatment. At oral arguments, attorney Paul Popovic went to bat for our client, defending her right to get the treatment necessary to get healthy and back to work. After review by the Commission, our victory and the award was affirmed.
- May 2012 Update: Recent awards for Spiros Law, P.C. clients
- Jim Spiros attends ITLA April 2012 Legislative & Judicial Reception – The Illinois Trial Lawyers Association is a statewide organization whose members specialize in representing injured consumers and workers. Founded in 1952, the organization currently has over 2,000 members. The objectives of ITLA include: upholding the Constitution of the United States of America and the State of Illinois; securing and protecting the rights of those injured in their persons or civil rights; and defending trial by jury and the adversarial system of justice. Events such as the Legislative and Judicial Reception are integral to upholding these objectives, and are supported by Jim and all of the attorneys here at Spiros Law, P.C..
- Sandra K. Loeb named Leading Lawyer for Illinois Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Paul Popovic joins Spiros Law, P.C.
- Jim Spiros: East Central Injury Lawyer Reaches Results through Relationships
- Spiros Law, P.C. settles the largest medical malpractice settlement ever recorded in Iroquois County history for the sum of $1,000,000.00.
- Miranda L. Soucie Joins Spiros Law, P.C.
- July/Aug 2010 Midwestern Family Magazine article entitled – The Dangers of Pet Ownership by Jim Spiros
- May/June 2010 Midwestern Family Magazine article entitled – Rights and Responsibilities, by Jim Spiros
- On May 3rd, Mr. Spiros spoke to the Parkland College Surgical Technology Class and did a presentation on medical malpractice cases.
- Mar/Apr 2010 Midwestern Family Magazine article entitled – Distracted Driving Laws, by Jim Spiros
- Mr. Spiros was recently a guest speaker with Central Illinois NewsTalk 1400 WDWS AM. He discussed the firm of Spiros Law, P.C., the types of cases our office handles, the issue that a large majority of auto accidents on roadways are caused by individuals using cell phones, talking and texting and new laws pertaining to use of cell phones while going through school zone or construction zones.
- Jan/Feb 2010 Midwestern Family Magazine article entitled – Securing Quality Care for our Elderly, by Jim Spiros
- Attorney Jim Spiros Debuts New Column For Midwestern Family Magazine
- December 2009, Jim Spiros settled a medical negligence case in Champaign County for $700,000.00
- October 2009, Jim Spiros settled a medical negligence case in Vermilion County for $3,300,000.00
- August 2009, Jim Spiros settled a medical negligence case in Cook County, Illinois for $825,000.00.
- 2009 Jim Spiros settled a nursing home neglect case in Kankakee Court for $504,200.00
- June 2008, Jim Spiros was privileged to be elected to serve on the Board of Managers for the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association for the years 2008-2009.