Champaign Truck Driver Error Attorney
If you or someone you love has been injured in a truck accident that was caused by a truck driver’s error, Spiros Law, P.C. is here to help in your time of need. Truck drivers are responsible for large and powerful vehicles that can cause devastating damage to smaller vehicles. This damage can and does result in severe injuries to the driver and any passengers inside. When a driver acts carelessly and causes an accident, the consequences for the people involved can be severe. When this happens, you do not have to suffer the consequences without taking action to protect yourself and your future. If the accident occurred through no fault of your own, you could be eligible to claim compensation for your pain, medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
You should not be forced to pay for the reckless actions of a truck driver. The Champaign truck driver error lawyers at Spiros Law, P.C. are ready to help you get the compensation you deserve from careless truck drivers. Contact Spiros Law, P.C. today at (217) 328-2828 to learn more about your legal rights and options.
Why do I need a lawyer?
An accident with an 18-wheeler or another sizeable commercial vehicle could have a severe and lasting impact on your life. Having to deal with a debilitating injury and manage the associated expenses can make it difficult for you to support yourself and your loved ones, let alone try to navigate the tricky legal procedures necessary in a truck accident claim.
An experienced truck accident lawyer can help accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We understand the law and are used to dealing with insurance adjusters and other attorneys. Hiring a truck accident lawyer is the best thing you can do to start down the path to financial and emotional recovery after your accident.
The lawyers at Spiros Law, P.C. have been helping clients in Illinois represent their cases in state and federal courts since 2005. We take a unique “team” approach to each case. When a client brings their case, our partners, associates, paralegals, legal nurse consultants, private investigators, and legal secretaries combine their skills and work as a team to make sure our client gets the compensation they rightfully deserve.
Having to deal with medical bills, time away from work, and pain suffering as you go through the claims process can be overwhelming. We will work with you to ensure that you are kept up-to-date on the progress of your case and will fight on your behalf to get you the compensation that you are due.
Cases We Handle
When an 18-wheeler collides with a normal-sized car, the damage to the car and the injuries to its occupants can be catastrophic. At Spiros Law, P.C., we can handle many different driver error cases, including those caused by:
- Failure to stop or yield: If a truck driver is not paying attention or decides to run a stop sign or not yield to traffic, it can cause a terrible accident at an intersection.
- Speeding: If a truck driver disobeys the speed limit and goes too fast, it can make it harder for them to stop, or it can make the vehicle harder to control.
- Failure to follow traffic direction: If a truck driver ignores or is careless about following traffic directions, it can cause a situation where the 18-wheeler is going the wrong way on the road or is veering into oncoming traffic.
- Failure to signal: Because trucks are so large, it can be hard to see smaller cars on the road. By being careless and not signaling lane changes for other drivers, the truck drivers put other vehicles in danger of being run off the road or of being hit.
- Not looking before changing lanes: When a truck driver is not paying attention to the cars surrounding the truck before changing lanes, it’s easy to hit someone. Because the vehicle is large and takes up a lot more space, failing to ensure lanes are clear can be catastrophic.
- Cell phone use: Texting or any other form of cell phone use is extremely dangerous while driving, even for normal-sized vehicles. Using a cell phone slows reflexes and takes the driver’s attention away from the road. If drivers are using their cellphones, they could fail to see that traffic has stopped or that a car has merged in front of them.
- Tailgating: When a truck driver is too close to the car in front of it, it can lead to a car crash if the car in front brakes suddenly. The sheer size of an 18-wheeler makes it so that the driver needs more time to stop the vehicle, and they will cause an accident if they are too close.
- Drunk or impaired driving: When a truck driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol while operating an 18-wheeler or a semi truck, their state of mind can impair their driving abilities.
Injuries due to truck driver error can have a severe impact on a person’s life. These errors are unacceptable, and truck drivers should be held liable for their carelessness. These situations and accidents are often preventable, and it is necessary that truck drivers be held responsible for the damage they have caused. A seasoned truck accident lawyer will be able to help you recover compensation for your injuries and damage to your vehicle after an accident caused by truck driver’s mistake.
If you or someone you love has been injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler or a semi-truck that was caused by an error on the part of the truck driver, the lawyers at Spiros Law, P.C. are ready to help. Call (217) 328-2828 to learn about your rights and get the compensation you deserve.
The experienced and dedicated Champaign trucking accident lawyers at Spiros Law, P.C. are ready to evaluate your case for free. Learn about your rights and take the first step in getting the right compensation for your injuries. Call (217) 328-2828 today and get the help you need.