Champaign Pharmaceutical Errors Lawyers
If you or a loved one has suffered from a pharmaceutical error on the part of a medical professional or pharmaceutical company in Champaign, Spiros Law, P.C. can help. When health care providers give you the wrong drugs or dosage, the results can be catastrophic, even fatal. Health care providers are supposed to improve our health, not make it worse, and when their negligence causes injuries, you have the right to hold them financially responsible.
A Champaign pharmaceutical errors lawyer can completely and accurately assess your case, provide you with important legal information, and help bring those who have made a careless error to justice. The highly professional legal team at Spiros Law, P.C. can bring experience and legal skills to the table in order to help prove fault in a pharmaceutical errors case and help you receive compensation. Over the past decade, we have won over $100 million for clients across Illinois and the Midwest, and we’re ready to do the same for you.
If you or a loved one has fallen victim to a pharmaceutical error, contact an attorney right away. To get the compensation you deserve and to bring justice to medical professionals who should know better, set up a free consultation with the Champaign area pharmaceutical errors attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. by calling us at (217) 328-2828 or by using the Live Chat feature here on our website.
How can a pharmaceutical errors lawyer help?
From pharmaceutical companies all the way down to the healthcare professionals that you count on to provide you the highest standard of medical care, the pharmaceutical industry is endlessly complex, as are the laws that govern it. Pharmaceutical errors can happen at any level; from prescribing all the way up to manufacturing. Figuring out which individuals or companies are liable for your harm due to a pharmaceutical error and understanding how to prove their fault is an important part of any pharmaceutical errors case. Therefore, you will need an experienced and skilled team of legal professionals to assess, understand, and argue your case to get the compensation you deserve and to bring justice to those who commit pharmaceutical errors.
How can Spiros Law, P.C. help?
With over $100 million won for our clients through the last decade, Spiros Law, P.C. has a proven track record of success, including in pharmaceutical errors and medical malpractice cases, for clients across Illinois and the Midwest. Our clients provide overwhelmingly positive feedback to our legal professionals. We aspire to handle each case with a high degree of professionalism, bringing experience and capability to help you get the settlement you deserve.
Types of pharmaceutical errors cases we handle
Pharmaceutical errors can occur at any point in the manufacturing, distribution, and prescription of a medication. This would include errors during:
- Manufacturing: If a drug is manufactured incorrectly, even if you are prescribed and administered the right dosage, you can suffer harm.
- Repackaging/packaging: If medication is placed in an incorrect package, you can end up taking the wrong drugs for your illness or injury.
- Dispensing: Doctor’s are notorious for their poor handwriting. If a doctor writes a prescription, but the pharmacy misreads it and fills it incorrectly, you can end up taking incorrect dosages, or even the wrong medication entirely.
- Prescribing: If your doctor prescribes the wrong medication or wrong dosage of a medication, your injury or illness could be left untreated and get worse, or you may even develop an entirely new problem.
- Administering: This error is especially common while in the hospital. If a nurse is in charge of administering your medication for you and misreads or simply fails to follow instructions, you can suffer great harm.
- Monitoring: If, while in the hospital, your medicine isn’t working as it should be, a health care professional should notice this and take action. If they fail to do so and just continue to administer improper medication, harm can come to you.
At any of these steps in the process, causes of these errors include but are not limited to:
- Ambiguities in product names or brands, administering or dosage instructions, medical terminology, poor handwriting
- Poor medical procedures or questionable techniques
- Patient misuse due to poor instruction for use or dosage
- Poor communication, either between the doctor and the pharmacist, between the manufacture and the pharmacist, between doctor and patient, etc.
- Lack of product knowledge
- Similar packaging or labeling of medication
All of these factors and more can contribute to a pharmaceutical error that ultimately affects your health and well-being. When you’re suffering from an injury or illness, you often need medication to help you heal. If a pharmaceutical error means you don’t receive that medication, your injury or illness can worsen, sometimes to an extreme degree. Furthermore, if you receive the correct medication but in the wrong dosage, the medicine may not help enough, allowing your injury or illness to worsen, or it may create new problems. Similarly, if you receive the wrong medication for your problem, it can create new problems while allowing the existing problems to worsen.
We trust healthcare professionals to improve our health, not make it worse. If a healthcare professional’s negligence has resulted in a pharmaceutical error that has caused you harm, you can pursue a lawsuit to recover financial compensation for your suffering.
Contact Spiros Law, P.C. today for a free consultation to go over your pharmaceutical errors case
Pharmaceutical errors can cause prolonged illness, increases in the severity of illness, or even death. If you have fallen victim to a pharmaceutical error, you need to contact an attorney right away to discuss your legal options. Medications are an important part of healthcare regimens and can oftentimes make or break someones’ health. Therefore, it is important to make sure that you are receiving the correct treatment.
If you have fallen victim to a pharmaceutical error, the Champaign area medical malpractice attorneys of Spiros Law, P.C. have the experience and capabilities necessary to prove pharmaceutical errors and win the compensation that you deserve. Don’t wait for additional evidence or for a delay in the treatment that you need – contact the Champaign pharmaceutical error attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. today by calling (217) 328-2828 or by using the Live Chat feature here on our website.