(815) 929-9292
(217) 328-2828
(217) 443-4343
(217) 516-3451
Hablamos Español

Missing Road Signs

Many drivers may not realize the importance of traffic signs on the road until it is too late. Whether one is driving on a small country road or on a six-lane highway in the middle of rush hour, road signs keep motorists informed on any potential hazards or the direction and prioritization of traffic flow. Municipal authorities or contracted agents are responsible for ensuring that road signs are in their proper place at all times. When they fail to uphold this responsibility, accidents are likely to occur. Because such collisions are the result of demonstrable negligence, those who are harmed may wish to sue.

If you have been injured in a car accident that would not have been likely to happen if the appropriate road signs had been present, it may be in your best interest to consider legal action. To learn more about your legal rights and options, contact the Kankakee road defect lawyers of Spiros Law, P.C., at (815) 929-9292.

Important Road Signs

Not only do road signs warn about potential dangers or hazards up ahead, but they also give drivers instructions for how traffic is supposed to flow and when to exit. Drivers may be at serious risk of an accident if the following road signs are missing:

  • One-way street signs
  • Signs indicating that one must turn or exit
  • Speed limit signs
  • Stop and yield signs

A car accident that is caused by the absence of an important road sign is likely to leave an individual with costly vehicle repairs and severe injuries. In order to offset the associated costs, it may be necessary to file a civil lawsuit against the authority whose negligence led to the crash.

Contact Us

The aggressive and experienced Kankakee road defect lawyers at Spiros Law, P.C., are dedicated to helping our clients seek full and fair compensation when they have been hurt in accidents that would have been prevented had a road maintenance agency ensured that needed signs were present. Contact us by calling (815) 929-9292 today to discuss your potential case.