Eight employees at LaGrange Factory sent to Hospital after Acetone Spill.
Police and fire crews were dispatched to a factory that manufactures keypads for electronic devices after employees became exposed to acetone on March 14, 2011.
Grayhill, Inc. in LaGrange, Illinois, was the scene of the acetone spill. Firefighters ventilated the area as a precaution even though the scene had been cleared. Eight employees were sent to Advocate LaGrange Memorial Hospital after complaining of nausea and dizziness.
According to the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR), acetone is a colorless liquid that has a distinctive smell to it. Acetone is used to make plastics, fibers and drugs as wells as to dissolve other substances. When inhaled, acetone can cause irritation to the lungs, nose, ears, throat and eyes. Headaches and light-headedness can also be cause by over-exposure to acetone.
Chemical spills can lead to injuries covered under Workmen’s Compensation guidelines. If you or a loved one has suffered from a chemical spill, contact Spiros Law, P.C. at (815) 929-9292 to find out your legal options. Visit the website at www.spiroslaw.com.