Over $100 Million Recovered for our clients
in the last 10 years
Free Video Consultation

Vinyl Chloride Found in Water from Sauk Village

On Friday, July 20, 2012, the Illinois community of Sauk Village was told that municipal water was safe for using to prepare food after disclosures that the water has high levels of vinyl chloride.

On the day before, business and restaurant owners were told that they should find other sources of water for cooking and washing dishes. Residents were offered bottled water for home use. At the Thursday morning meeting it was stated that levels of vinyl chloride were found to be extremely high.

Vinyl chloride is used in the manufacturing of vinyl materials including pipes, wiring coatings and packaging material. Vinyl Chloride poisoning can cause dizziness and headaches on a short term basis. Continued exposure can lead to a variety of health problems including liver damage, reproductive issues and cancer risks.

The Illinois Environmental Protection Agency (IEPA) has stated they are not shutting down any of the municipal wells. But the IEPA intends to test the water on a weekly basis.

When the water from our faucets are not safe to drink, it puts the entire family in danger. If you or a loved-one knows someone dealing with a faulty product, call Spiros Law, P.C. at (815) 929-9292 to explore your legal rights.