Two Students Sent to Hospital After Discovery of Mouse Droppings
Mouse droppings discovered in the bottom of a nachos’ bag led to a trip to the hospital for two students at a high school on the southside of Chicago last Thursday.
Two students at Hirsch Metropolitan High School on 7740 South Ingelside Avenue were eating lunch, pre-packaged nachos, when they noticed droppings at the bottom of the bag. The students were taken to a hospital to be checked out after complaining of the droppings to school officials.
The cafeteria was closed and inspected with mouse droppings being found in a box of bagged nachos. Cold lunches were brought in from an outside source for lunch on Thursday and Friday with pest control services scheduled for the end of the school day on Friday.
Lunch time at school should have no unpleasant surprises. If you or a loved one knows someone has been made ill by contaminated food, call Spiros Law, P.C. at (815) 929-9292 to explore your legal options. Visit the website at www.spiroslaw.com.