Teenager Killed In Four Vehicle Crash In Grundy County
On Friday, October 8th, a teenager was killed in a car crash in Grundy County, Illinois. The 18-year-old was traveling eastbound on interstate I-80 when their car was struck by two oncoming vehicles who had crossed over the median as a result of colliding while one car was attempting to pass the other. In total, four vehicles were involved in this car collision, which ultimately led to the death of the 18-year-old driver.
Car crashes happen every day. Although we may perceive driving to be the safest form of travel, as we feel in control while driving, car collisions are common. Statistics show that every driver is likely to experience at least one car crash about every 18 years, or about 3-4 times in your life. Although not all car collisions are fatal, it is important to know how to protect yourself and your passengers whilst driving.
- Pay attention while driving. Although this may seem obvious, many car collisions happen as a result of distractions. Limiting the distractions in your vehicle may lessen your chances of being involved in a car crash.
- Make sure your vehicle is fully operational before driving. Sometimes we operate our vehicles with the knowledge that something may be broken on our cars, such as a headlight or turn signals. Damages to your vehicle create an unnecessary risk that can be avoided by fixing them first.
- Be alert on highways and interstates. These are roads that other drivers tend to speed or drive recklessly on. Being aware of your surroundings and the other drivers on the roads is crucial to ensuring your safety.
- Know your exit plan. Knowing how to escape your vehicle from any position in the car is vital to guarantee your safety.
As a driver, it is also important to be attentive to protect other drivers on the road.
- Do not drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It is important to remain sober while driving so others are not put at risk on the road.
- Do not drive if overly tired. Sometimes we do not get enough sleep and can fall asleep at the wheel. This is extremely dangerous and can cause a fatal car crash. Pullover to the side of the road if you feel unable to operate a vehicle effectively.
- If you are attempting to pass a vehicle, check for oncoming traffic. Passing another vehicle on a two-lane road can be difficult. Making sure the oncoming traffic is far enough away that you will not be in danger is important to successfully pass a vehicle
Although there are many ways to attempt to protect yourself and others from a car crash, sometimes there is nothing you can do to prevent it. Sometimes, another vehicle crashes into yours regardless of if you did everything you could to prevent it. When this is the case, you need someone on your side to fight for your right to proper compensation to make up for any physical or emotional damages you suffered.
If you or a loved one has recently been involved in a car crash that resulted in physical or emotional damages, or even death, you may be entitled to some compensation. The attorneys at Spiros Law, P.C. are experienced car crash lawyers who are passionate about righting the wrongs of those whose negligence or carelessness caused someone else to suffer. Call [firm-number] to set up your free consultation today.