Over $100 Million Recovered for our clients
in the last 10 years
Free Case Evaluation

Sixteen sent to hospital after carbon monoxide leaked into Holiday Inn swimming pool

Nearly 300 people were evacuated and 16 were hospitalized after a faulty heater leaked carbon monoxide  into a pool area at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites.

According to officials with the fire department, the incident occurred Saturday night when it was discovered that the carbon dioxide was leaking into the area. The detectors went off at roughly 9 p.m. and fire personnel was called to clear the scene and help guests evacuate. Ambulances took more than one person to the hospital that was ill from the incident.

If you or a loved one has become ill or injured because of the negligence of a property owner, you need experienced representation on your side. Contact the Kankakee premises liability lawyers of Spiros Law, P.C. by calling (815) 929-9292.